HeartZAP Services online blended training programs successfully combine online multimedia instruction with instructor-led classes to offer the most effective training on the market for First Aid and CPR/AED Training. Blended learning combines online learning with an in-person skills session, which includes practice and an assessment.
HeartZAP Services Online Blended Emergency First Aid with Level A CPR/AED covers the recognition and treatment of airway, breathing and cardiovascular emergencies. Training includes CPR for adult and AED skills, management of choking, breathing and heart-related emergencies and preventing disease transmission.
- Introduction & Ice Breaker, Terminology, Goals
- Legal Concerns, Emergency Medical Services and Personal Safety
- Emergency Scene Management
- Choking Emergencies adult
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- CPR adult
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Respiratory System and Breathing Emergencies
- Minor Wounds & other Injuries
- Child basic life support (optional level C)
- Infant basic life support (optional Level C)
- Two rescuer CPR (optional Level C)
- BLS for HealthCare Provider CPR (optional)
- Our courses maximize retention of the material through self-paced, multimedia instructions
- Online CPR/AED and First Aid training courses available anywhere, anytime!
- Easier to schedule hands-on skills classes: 2-3 hour skills versus 8 hour traditional course
- Reduce first aid training cost by up to 60% – streamlined courses mean less time off the job!
- Ensure standardized first aid/CPR/AED certification/recertification courses
- Free Training Reports via MAESTRO™ Learning Management System
- Includes Refresher and Recertification Training in First Aid and CPR/AED
- HeartZAP Services online Blended programs has been approved by Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Manitoba worker safety insurance boards to date
- 3-year certification
- Immediate access to training and certification.
- Accommodates individual learning styles and allows participants the ability to progress through the material at their own pace, and can stop, start and review sections based on their schedule
- Courses include video excerpts and are fully audio enabled to allow participants to listen to the courses like an audiobook
- Courses feature practice activities presented in scenarios to enhance the learning experience
- Participants receive continuous feedback based on their answers throughout the course
- Allows participants to access training at their convenience 24/7 from any computer or smart phone with internet access
- Course participants are given access to the online content for a period of one year after certification and may log on as needed to reference content or refresh their knowledge
Online Session Details
The blended learning online session offers students a variety of elements to learn program content including videos, lesson narration and special features. In addition, interactive learning experiences include:
- Drag-and-drop exercises
- Question & Answer
- Lesson review
Online course duration:
Emergency First Aid w/Level A CPR/AED: 2 hours and 55 minutes includes online training, practice and testing modules.
In-Person Skills Session Details
- Led by an certified instructor
- Includes guided practice and scenarios
- Question and Answer
To successfully complete a blended learning first aid and CPR/AED course, participant must:
- Successfully complete the final assessment in the online session and print the certificate of completion
- Attend and participate in the skill practice and assessment session within 90-days of completion of the online theory
- Demonstrate competency in all required in-person skills
In-Class Skills Session course duration:
Emergency First Aid w/Level A CPR/AED: 2-3 hours
Upon successful completion of blended learning online and in-person skill session, course participants will receive the same three year certification as course participants of traditional classroom training.