HeartZAP Services online blended training programs successfully combine online multimedia instruction with instructor-led classes to offer the most effective training on the market for CPR/AED Training. Blended learning combines online learning with an in-person skills session, which includes practice and an assessment.
HeartZAP Services Online Blended CPR/AED courses contains up-to-date content and science from the 2010 Guidelines for CPR and ECC. Courses in CPR/AED provide the rescuer with all the confidence required to respond to a cardiac arrest casualty and choking in adults, children, and infants.
COURSE CONTENT THAT IS COVERED IN THE CPR/AED LEVEL C COURSE:
Legal issues & terminology
Emergency medical services
Emergency Scene Management
Adult, child & infant choking conscious & unresponsive)
Chain of survival
Strokes & TIAs
Sudden cardiac arrest
CPR (adult, child infant)
Two rescuer CPR
Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
AED maintenance (batteries & electrodes)
Transfer of care
- Our courses maximize retention of the material through self-paced, multimedia instructions
- Online CPR/AED training courses available anywhere, anytime!
- Easier to schedule hands-on skills classes: 2-3 hour skills versus 6 our traditional course
- Reduce first aid training cost by up to 60% – streamlined courses mean less time off the job!
- Ensure standardized CPR/AED certification
- Free Training Reports via MAESTRO™ Learning Management System
- HeartZAP Services online Blended CPR/AED programs meet the Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada guidelines
- 3-year certification
- Immediate access to training and certification.
- Accommodates individual learning styles and allows participants the ability to progress through the material at their own pace, and can stop, start and review sections based on their schedule
- Courses include video excerpts and are fully audio enabled to allow participants to listen to the courses like an audiobook
- Courses feature practice activities presented in scenarios to enhance the learning experience
- Participants receive continuous feedback based on their answers throughout the course
- Allows participants to access training at their convenience 24/7 from any computer or smart phone with internet access
- Course participants are given access to the online content for a period of one year after certification and may log on as needed to reference content or refresh their knowledge
ONLINE SESSION DETAILS
The blended learning online session offers students a variety of elements to learn program content including videos, lesson narration and special features. In addition, interactive learning experiences include:
- Drag-and-drop exercises
- Question & Answer
- Lesson review
ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
CPR/AED Level C: 58 minutes includes online training, practice and testing modules.
IN-PERSON SKILLS SESSION DETAILS
- Led by an certified instructor
- Includes guided practice and scenarios
- Question and Answer
TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE A BLENDED LEARNING CPR/AED COURSE, PARTICIPANT MUST:
- Successfully complete the final assessment in the online session and print the certificate of completion
- Attend and participate in the skill practice and assessment session within 90-days of completion of the online theory
- Demonstrate competency in all required in-person skills
IN-CLASS SKILLS SESSION COURSE DURATION:
CPR/AED Level C: 1-2 hours
Upon successful completion of blended learning online and in-person skill session, course participants will receive the same three year certification as course participants of traditional classroom training.