HeartZAP Services online blended training programs successfully combine online multimedia instruction with instructor-led classes to offer the most effective training on the market for First Aid and CPR/AED Training. Blended learning combines online learning with an in-person skills session, which includes practice and an assessment.
HeartZAP Services Online Blended Emergency First Aid with Level A CPR/AED covers the recognition and treatment of airway, breathing and cardiovascular emergencies. Training includes CPR for adult and AED skills, management of choking, breathing and heart-related emergencies and preventing disease transmission.
Introduction & Ice Breaker, Terminology, Goals
Legal Concerns, Emergency Medical Services and Personal Safety
Emergency Scene Management
Choking Emergencies adult
Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Respiratory System and Breathing Emergencies
Minor Wounds & other Injuries
Child basic life support (optional level C)
Infant basic life support (optional Level C)
Two rescuer CPR (optional Level C)
BLS for HealthCare Provider CPR (optional)
- Our courses maximize retention of the material through self-paced, multimedia instructions
- Online CPR/AED and First Aid training courses available anywhere, anytime!
- Easier to schedule hands-on skills classes: 2-3 hour skills versus 8 hour traditional course
- Reduce first aid training cost by up to 60% – streamlined courses mean less time off the job!
- Ensure standardized first aid/CPR/AED certification/recertification courses
- Free Training Reports via MAESTRO™ Learning Management System
- Includes Refresher and Recertification Training in First Aid and CPR/AED
- HeartZAP Services online Blended programs has been approved by Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick and Manitoba worker safety insurance boards to date
- 3-year certification
- Immediate access to training and certification.
- Accommodates individual learning styles and allows participants the ability to progress through the material at their own pace, and can stop, start and review sections based on their schedule
- Courses include video excerpts and are fully audio enabled to allow participants to listen to the courses like an audiobook
- Courses feature practice activities presented in scenarios to enhance the learning experience
- Participants receive continuous feedback based on their answers throughout the course
- Allows participants to access training at their convenience 24/7 from any computer or smart phone with internet access
- Course participants are given access to the online content for a period of one year after certification and may log on as needed to reference content or refresh their knowledge
ONLINE SESSION DETAILS
The blended learning online session offers students a variety of elements to learn program content including videos, lesson narration and special features. In addition, interactive learning experiences include:
- Drag-and-drop exercises
- Question & Answer
- Lesson review
ONLINE COURSE DURATION:
Emergency First Aid w/Level A CPR/AED: 2 hours and 55 minutes includes online training, practice and testing modules.
IN-PERSON SKILLS SESSION DETAILS
- Led by an certified instructor
- Includes guided practice and scenarios
- Question and Answer
TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE A BLENDED LEARNING FIRST AID AND CPR/AED COURSE, PARTICIPANT MUST:
- Successfully complete the final assessment in the online session and print the certificate of completion
- Attend and participate in the skill practice and assessment session within 90-days of completion of the online theory
- Demonstrate competency in all required in-person skills
IN-CLASS SKILLS SESSION COURSE DURATION:
Emergency First Aid w/Level A CPR/AED: 2-3 hours
Upon successful completion of blended learning online and in-person skill session, course participants will receive the same three year certification as course participants of traditional classroom training.