We have partnered with Industrial and Construction Safety Solutions (ICSS) to provide a CPO-approved JHSC training program.
PART 1: BASIC CERTIFICATION (3-DAY COURSE)
This certification provides an overall knowledge of health and safety that applies to all workplaces. This interactive 3-day course is a necessary component for Joint Health & Safety Committee members as it brings the Internal Responsibility System (IRS) into practice.
- Introduction to Occupational Health & Safety
- Health & Safety Law
- Policies & Programs
- The “Joint Health & Safety Committee”
- The Certified Member
- Hazard Identification & Control
- Health & Safety Hazard Identification
- Assessment of Health & Safety Hazards
- Control Measures for Health & Safety Hazards
- Investigation Techniques
- Prevention Resources
In order to become a certified member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC), members must successfully complete Part II of the certification training within six months of completing Part I.