10/31/2019 In Blog
Have a Happy (Safe) Halloween!!
Halloween is a fun filled festivity for both children and adults; a great night to dress up, have fun and eat all the treats you can imagine. It’s important to remember to be responsible and make the necessary precautions so that you and others have a fun and safe night.
In order to do so, here are a few tips so that everyone, especially all the excited children trick-or-treating on the streets are safe.
- Attach reflective tape to costumes and bags to ensure drivers can see you. A flashlight also helps you see and others see you.
- Examine all treats for choking hazards or tampering before eating them. Avoid any homemade treats.
- Look both ways before crossing the street. Use sidewalks and crosswalks whenever possible.
- Make sure costumes are well-fitted to avoid blocked vision, trips, and falls.
- Trick-or-treat with a trusted adult or a group of friends. Safety in numbers!
- Keep your walking areas and stairs well-lit and free of obstacles for anyone that will be ringing your doorbell.
- Keep candle-lit jack o’lanterns out of the way and avoid walking too close. Make sure to not leave them unattended and blow them out at the end of the night.
- Remind drivers to drive safely and keep an eye out for tiny monsters and witches!
- It’s going to be cold. Dress for the weather and layer up…Superheros and princesses need to stay warm 🙂
- Plan out a route before hand to avoid getting lost and make sure your children know how to get home.
- Communicate any allergies you may have and carry an EpiPen if needed. Make sure a parent or friend knows what to do if needed.
Being responsible can make a happy and fun night also a safe night.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.