This 1 day course provides the basics of First Aid and CPR/AED techniques. The course covers the recognition and treatment of airway, breathing and cardiovascular emergencies. Training includes CPR skills, management of choking, bleeding, shock, and fainting. Below is a detail list of the course content. Course participants will receive a 3 year certification upon successful completion of all performance criteria and achieve a 75% on the multiple choice exam. We strongly recommend taking a annual CPR/AED refresher course.
- Introduction & Ice Breaker, Terminology, Goals
- Legal Concerns, Emergency Medical Services and Personal Safety
- Emergency Scene Management
- Choking Emergencies adult
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- CPR adult
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Respiratory System and Breathing Emergencies
- Minor Wounds & other Injuries
- Child basic life support
- Infant basic life support
- Two rescuer CPR
- BLS for HealthCare Provider CPR
Certification valid for 3 years.